Table of Contents
Spencer Pratt bounces back with new online reality show Judge Me after MTV’s The Hills: New Beginnings was cancelled following two seasons
Spencer Pratt will play mediator in a new court-style online reality show on Looped called Judge Me with Spencer Pratt.
The 10-episode PPV series, which premieres on February 17, sees Spencer issuing his verdict for the winner of online disputes with the help of a virtual audience of fans, who will tune in live as it airs.
‘This is where I’ve always dreamed of being, in the chair, that gets to look at the wildest stories and submissions from our audience community,’ Spencer, 38, told Daily Mail.
He’s back! Spencer Pratt will play mediator in a new court-style online reality show for Looped Live called Judge Me with Spencer Pratt
‘But this will be a feel-good judgement show and if you’ve been wrongly judged, we will give you a chance to free yourself from that.’
Looped said in a statement: ‘Judge Me allows for real life outrageous disputes to be settled outside the courtroom and encourages the general public to get involved by voting on who is right and who is wrong.
‘Each week fans are encouraged to submit unfiltered stories, dramas, and disputes with their friends, family, co-workers—or even strangers on the internet—to have their disputes settled by Pratt and the viewers.
‘On the air, Spencer will ask questions of the duelling parties, and call relevant witnesses and audience members to our virtual stage to double down on those claims.
Outspoken: ‘This is where I’ve always dreamed of being, in the chair, that gets to look at the wildest stories and submissions from our audience community,’ Spencer, 38, told Daily Mail
At the end of each episode, the live virtual audience will vote on whether or not the claimant is vindicated.
Fans can submit disputes or purchase tickets to watch the show at Looped Live.
Spencer’s new gig comes just weeks after MTV announced that they had cancelled The Hills: New Beginnings after two seasons.
According to TMZ, it was alleged that the original stars of The Hills had ‘major issues’ with the reboot, including the recent exploration by producers to bring on ‘younger cast members.’
It’s over: Spencer’s new gig comes just weeks after MTV announced that they had cancelled The Hills: New Beginnings after two seasons
The outlet’s sources claimed that producers thought the inclusion of ‘younger’ members would ‘diversify’ the cast but the notion was shot down by some of the original stars.
It was also alleged that ‘some’ of the original stars believed that The Hills: New Beginnings ‘wasn’t the show MTV promised them’ and that it sometimes felt ‘forced with fake storylines and confessionals.’
Aside from alleged friction, it was also claimed that COVID-19 was to blame for the show’s untimely cancelation since the strict protocols it made it increasingly harder to shoot and coordinate schedules for a large ensemble cast.
Spencer and wife Heidi Montag had been outspoken critics of some of their cast members in press interviews, claiming that many of them didn’t want to reveal their real lives on camera and were too focused on trying to look perfect.
Drama: According to TMZ, it was alleged that the original stars of The Hills had ‘major issues’ with the reboot. (Pictured: Audrina Patridge and Heidi Montag)